Maintaining good hygiene is much more important now than ever. If you're out and about with no access to clean water and hand soap, hand sanitiser is your next best bet! Simply pump some onto your hand and sanitise those pesky germs away.
With hand sanitiser stocks running low, why not try to make your own DIY hand sanitiser at home?
Simply follow this video and these simple steps!
These are the key ingredients required (as recommended by the World Health Organiser):
- 99.7% Isopropyl Alcohol *Can be found in Sunway Pharmacy
- Glycerin *Can be found in Sunway Pharmacy
- 6% Hydrogen Peroxide *Can be found in Sunway Pharmacy
- 30ml of Sterile Water (boil Filtered Water and cool down before using to mix)
- A pair of gloves
- A 25ml syringe
- 2 x 6ml syringes
- A mixing container and spoon to mix
- A 50ml spray bottle to store your finished product!
How to mix (for 50ml bottle):
- Pump 72ml of Alcohol with the syringe into the mixing container
- Pump 1.5ml of Glycerin into the container and mix
- Pump 2ml of Hydrogen Peroxide into the container
- Stir thoroughly
- Add 28 to 30ml of Sterile Water
- *Optional: Add essential oils for a fragrant smell, soothing/anti-inflammatory properties (10 drops of Tea Tree, 6 drops of Eucalyptus, 8 drops of Lemon, 4 drops of Lavender, 2 drops of Peppermint)
- Pour into spray bottle and you're done!
Things to note:
- This hand sanitiser does not contain preservatives, thus it is not recommended to store the hand sanitiser for more than 1-2 weeks.
- If your hand tends to get dry after repeated use of hand sanitisers, moisturise with aloe vera gel and lotion!
- This hand sanitiser is for home usage only, not intended for medical purposes.
Message from our Partners:
Our 4 partner brands are running special deals for these selected items:
The Face Shop:
- Made with nourishing ingredients such as honey, rice milk, olive extract, shea butter and more, The Face Shop's range of lotions and body milks are sure to moisturise and protect your hands from the dryness of frequent washing and sanitising.
- Their products are free from parabens, minerals and paraffins and suitable for daily-use!
- PROMO: Buy 2 get 1 free on selected skincare, make-up, hair and body care until 30 June
Bath & Body Works:
- Made with super-soothing aloe, moisturizing shea extract and nourishing vitamin E, Bath & Body Works' luxurious foaming hand soaps are available in scent imaginable from fruity to exotic to cleanse, nourish and protect your hands! They're made without dyes or parabens, but are full of the fragrance you love.
- Need moisturized, germ-free hands on-the-go? No problem! Enriched with shea extract, vitamin E, 68% alcohol and aloe, Bath & Body Works PocketBac hand sanitizers kill 99.9% of most common germs and keep your hands clean and soft. Bonus: they come in a ton of year-round and seasonal scents to leave your hands lightly fragranced. Now that’s a win-win-win!
- PROMO: Enjoy Bath & Body Works hand soaps @ 2 for RM50. Valid till 31 May!
- Did you know? You can combine Elianto's Aloe Vera Gel and Perfumed Body Mist to create your own DIY Hand Sanitiser!
- Simply mix 30ml of the Aloe Vera Gel + 50ml of Body Mist and pour into a container with a pump, and you're done! Your hands will be sweet-smelling and clean!
- PROMO: Enjoy a Special Promo Package at RM29 (Aloe Gel + Body Mist). Valid until 22 May
- Essential oils contain lots of healthy properties such as antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral effects that help to keep you healthy and relaxed.
- PROMO: Get essential oils at RM36 - RM38 each! Enjoy an exclusive promo of 15% OFF when you order 6 items and above. Visit: www.claire.my for more information. Valid until 31 May.
We've also prepared a list of where you can locate similar products and ingredients mentioned above in the mall for your convenience.
Where to find Hand Sanitiser, Aloe Vera & Essential Oils in the mall
- A Gift With Care (Sanitiser)
- Bath & Body Works (Sanitiser / Essential Oils)
- Beutifood (Aloe Vera / Essential Oils for face)
- Claire (Essential Oils)
- Clarins (Sanitiser / Anti-Bacterial Body Mist)
- D'Naturel (Essential Oils)
- Elianto (Aloe Vera)
- Etude House (Aloe Vera)
- Greenology (Sanitiser / Essential Oils)
- Guardian (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera / Essential Oils)
- Hysses (Sanitiser / Essential Oils)
- Innisfree (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera / Essential Oils)
- Jo Malone (Essential Oils + Diffuser)
- L'occitane (Essential Oils)
- Sasa (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera)
- Selectiv by Sasa (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera)
- Sephora (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera)
- Shizens (Aloe Vera / Essential Oils)
- Sunway Pharmacy (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera / Essential Oils)
- Tanamera (Sanitiser / Essential Oils)
- The Body Shop (Aloe Vera / Essential Oils)
- The Face Shop (Aloe Vera)
- Watson's (Sanitiser / Aloe Vera / Essential Oils)
We hope you found this session helpful! Till next time, do stay safe and take care!